Tuffy Stone’s Competition BBQ Sauce Recipe
George “Tuffy” Stone is an award winning restaurateur, champion BBQ competition chef and one of the hosts of tv’s BBQ Pitmasters.
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Whisk together ketchup, sugar, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire, chili powder, paprika, onion and garlic powders, cayenne, pepper, and ¾ cup water in a 4-qt. saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat;
- Cook, stirring until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in ¼ cup honey and the apple cider vinegar; set aside.
Recipe adapted from saveur.com
Category: Competition BBQ Sauces, Ketchup Based BBQ Sauces, Thick / Sticky BBQ Sauces, Top 5 Recipes